[Geany-devel] Moving MultiTerm plugin to Geany-Plugins

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Dec 18 20:05:02 UTC 2011

On 12/18/2011 07:57 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 18/12/2011 16:52, Colomban Wendling a écrit :
>> Le 18/12/2011 06:07, Matthew Brush a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just added the MultiTerm plugin to Geany-Plugins master branch. Please
>>> let me know ASAP if it causes you any issues.
>>
>> It breaks the build from Git when the user ain't got valac.
>>
>> I committed a perfectable fix that simply checks whether AM_PROG_VALAC
>> actually found a Vala compiler.  At least people with no valac can now
>> build geany-plugins again.

Thanks for fixing that, I was still trying to figure out how.

> ...but it still breaks make dist that tries to distribute the compiled
> .c, and that's probably way harder to "fix".  Or we accept that creating
> a dist tarball now requires valac.

I don't think it's too big a deal to require valac, it's been around for
4 or 5 years and is available in most (all?) popular distro
repositories.  What do we do for things like `glib-mkenums`?