[Geany-devel] Geanyembrace: Anybody who like to maintain it?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Aug 26 02:12:55 UTC 2011

[...]
>> IIRC its wraps (embraces?) things with optional text, targeted at XML
>> open/close tags but general.  Sadly the Geany devel ML isn't
>> searchable to find the initial discussions.
>>

> Ah.
>
> The geany-zencoding plugin can do this (and much more), though it's not an
> official "Geany Plugin".

Why not :-)

But zencoding does have an external dependency that embrace does not.

> Personally, I have no interest in maintaining it.  Maybe someone could send
> a message on the users list asking if anyone even uses it.

Yes, I guess this points to the fact that we might need a plugin
deprecation process, IIUC there are several plugins that don't get
much love.