[Geany-devel] Plugin Version control (explained?)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Aug 18 05:16:00 UTC 2011

On 08/17/2011 08:56 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> That was *extremely* useful information, you should put that on the Wiki too
>> :)
>>

> Sure if no one says its wrong.

Only thing left out is how there's a separate struct for each set of
function types, like `DocumentFuncs`, and `SciFuncs`, and so on, which
are themselves members of a the `GeanyFunctions` struct.  Just to add a
little more detail.

>> For sure, and it's super easy to do, since changes are usually done bit by
>> bit, it's literally an extra 30 seconds of time to add this information in
>> the doc-comment.
>>

> But a bit of a pain to go back and do the existing ones, unless we
> decide to make them all since some arbitary API number and then do it
> right after that.

Agreed, something like:

	/*
	 * Does stuff with bar
	 * @param bar A bar to perform foo on.
	 * @return A new baz
	 *
	 * @since 0.21 (<= API v212)
  	 */
	baz_t *foo(bar_t *bar);

I'm suggesting this assuming that I could write a little Python script
to remove 90% of the manual labour from actually going through the
sources and doing the annotations, otherwise I retract my previous
statements :)