[Geany-devel] Adding a list of filetypes into devel documentation?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Aug 17 19:09:53 UTC 2011

On 08/16/2011 11:26 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:53:23 +0200
> Colomban Wendling<lists.ban at herbesfolles.org>  wrote:
>
>> Le 16/08/2011 10:05, Lex Trotman a écrit :

>>> So at the moment I don't see that this justifies the change.
>>
>> +1 here, but I'd be fine to be proven wrong.  But anyway copying the
>> function signature or any other information that could be
>> automatically found by Doxygen, GtkDoc or whatever
>> source-comment-and-analysis-based documentation tool is not an
>> option.  This kind of thing would be the easiest way to have
>> documentation and code out-of-sync.
>
> I agree. Documentation and Code shall not be split. Not sure whether
> Sphinx can do this for C.

This isn't as bad as it sounds, but at this point I don't think it's
very important anyway, the current API docs are, for the most part,
pretty good.  My only complaint is that the structs/typedefs are
documented in the header files and functions are documented in the
source files, but I guess there advantages to this also.

AFAIK, Sphinx can only do "autodoc" for Python, unless maybe with the
Doxygen tie-in that Lex mentioned.