[Geany-devel] filetype-independent run command & keybinding - Re: SF.net SVN: geany:[5673] trunk/TODO

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Apr 4 16:33:46 UTC 2011

> For build we have a separate group for filetype and independent
> commands. I think the same would be good for run commands for symmetry,
> and this makes sense if we split the dialog as I mentioned below.

Yes, that would make sense.

>> I think really we need to be able to set keybindings for all the
>> commands rather than hard wiring extra fixed ones, but IIRC the
>> problem was that none of us could ever think of a quick and easy way
>> of making the keybinding dialog handle variable numbers of commands.
>
> This isn't about hard-wiring. The idea was to have a separate
> independent run command. It would actually be a separate command group.

Well what I meant is you still have to "hard wire" the keybindings
ATM, thats all the keybinding dialog can handle.

The number of build menu items is fixed at startup so I suppose that
rows in the keybindings dialog can be made for all those, but it might
be confusing having keybindings visible for commands that are not (the
empty commands, no point in being able to keybind them :).  So we have
to hide some of the rows in the keybinding list each time the build
commands are updated, and change the text for the visible ones as
well.  I suppose its all doable, it just needs to be done.