[Geany-devel] Scintilla copy updated to 2.25 (was: Re: Scintilla 2.25)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 3 21:34:49 UTC 2011

On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 06:15:54 -0700, Matthew wrote:

>On 04/03/11 06:01, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> I'd use your patch or update the copy directly, whatever will be
>> easier for me, soon. Thanks so far.
>
>Probably just as easy for you to manually update it since you know
>more of this.  I just wanted to try myself, because there is a new
>feature I wanted to look at.

I updated the Scintilla copy to 2.25.
Basically it works but there are still issues:
- I think based on the release notes of Scintilla, SCN_UPDATEUI is
called more often than before, e.g. also for scrolling events. So, we
maybe need to filter those events out we don't need to prevent
performance impacts

- on GTK 2.22 and newer, Scintilla now uses Cairo for drawing which
results in smaller and differently rendered fonts. Need to investigate
this further

If you notice any other issues, report them here.

Matthew, I didn't apply your patches resp. backport them from Scintilla
HG yet, mainly because I didn't manage it in time, let's do this within
the next days.