[Geany-devel] GIO file monitor - Re: Changed file saving implementation for systems with GIO

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Nov 29 12:26:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:18:56 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm not surprised this code broke. I don't maintain it anymore and
> > didn't expect anyone is still using it.
> > I even think we should remove it as it never really worked as it
> > should, AFAIR.
> > The only reason I didn't yet remove is that it is hard for me as I
> > spent so much time on it :). But as I don't have time to spend on it to
> > get it actually working, we either remove it or someone else wants to
> > maintain/improve/fix it.
>
> > But as said, so far, I'm not surprised it's dead and I don't care about
> > fixing it. Sorry.
>
> Well, Eugenes solution looks ok,  if he provides a clean patch with
> the last things discussed it could be applied to unstable for testing.

Yes, or perhaps it could go to trunk - I think USE_GIO_FILEMON is not
documented anywhere so it shouldn't affect ordinary users.

Nick