[Geany-devel] [Patch] - Improve PHP parser (call tips)

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Mon Mar 8 19:46:02 UTC 2010

Am 08.03.2010 20:23, schrieb Can Koy:

>> From: Nick Treleaven<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Geany-devel] [Patch] - Improve PHP parser (call tips)
>> To: geany-devel at uvena.de
>> Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 12:18 PM
>> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 19:20:37 +0100

>>> I didn't want to group, we don't need to know the actual modifier, we
>>> just want to allow only this subset. And yes, it was a group before but
>>> there is just no need to.
>>>
>> I think Can is right, [] brackets are only for character ranges, not
>> string matching. So () brackets are necessary for matching even when
>> ignoring the group.
>>

> Actually, I'm very uncomfortable with my name being recorded in that patch's log (r4729). That regex is funny, it exhibits an ignorance in the subject and it's not what I submitted. So, I demand my name removed from the logs for that patch.
>
> --
> Can Koy

Then please submit a patch to the subversion project to enable
post-editing of commit messages, since this is not possible currently.

But honestly, I don't see why this is a big deal. Maybe we can
concentrate on improving Geany and not insisting on minor things like this.

Best regards.