[Geany-devel] multiple instance save-settings - Re: Race condition when saving geany.conf

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Mar 5 16:54:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:50:28 +0100
Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz at student.HTW-Berlin.de> wrote:

> >> (If a second instance of geany is run without passing filenames to the
> >> first, -i is implied).
> >>

> > I really like this idea. It is simple to understand, rather
> > convenient and uniform with the behaviour of "new-instances", i.e.,
> > those instances should not touch any global data, either the default
> > session or the settings.
> >

> Shouldn't it just bring the existing instance on top without creating a
> new instance? That's what I would expect (i.e. you only get a new
> instance if you use -i).

The idea is that the user can just click the desktop icon to get a new
window. Raising an existing window is a Window Manager function IMO.

Regards,
Nick