[Geany-devel] Question about building Geany on Windows

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at xxxxx
Mon Apr 26 08:56:15 UTC 2010

Hello, Geany Developers

I successfully compiled and run Geany on Windows using MinGW. However
I have a small problem. When I run the newly built Geany it uses
different theme than the one that comes with the binary distribution
of Geany. The binary distribution uses native theme which makes the
editor look like native application. For the compiled version I
changed the theme by copying
C:\libs\share\themes\MS-Windows\gtk-2.0\gtkrc to
C:\libs\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc. With this theme it looks more native but it
is still not quite the same. However if I copy the compiled Geany
version to c:\Program Files\Geany\bin i.e. in the binary distribution
directory it runs with the native look that I want. Unfortunately in
this case there is some rendering problem. Some widgets, for example
the notepad widget in the bottom, doesn't redraw properly. Probably
this is caused by some difference in the GTK+ versions. Still, I
suspect that there is some other configuration file or what ever in
the binary distribution that makes the difference in the look and
feel. Could someone give me a hint?

Best Regards,
  Krasimir