[Geany-devel] In-memory tagmanager parsing

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Apr 19 15:34:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 00:34:42 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >For now the only defect I saw (with C) is with anonymous enumerations
> >and so (that are named anon_enum_NUM) with which the NUM increases at
> >each re-parsing (I use document_update_tag_list(doc, TRUE) to
> >re-parse); but I suppose it wouldn't it too difficult to fix, would
> >it?.

I don't think this matters, it already happens after saving as well.

> >Enrico Tröger wrote: (on thread Function Definition)
> >> Some time ago, I started working on this but it never really worked
> >> and additionally, it could work currently only for a few parsers
> >> (some of those are C, Fortran, SQL IIRC). To get it working
> >> reliably, some more work is needed and we would have to adjust *all*
> >> existing parsers which is by no means an easy task.
> >Do you know which parsers would *not* work? And hum, if each and every
>
> All except C, Fortran, SQL and JavaScript.
> I searched my personal mail archives, the Geany and Geany-devel mailing
> list archives and everything but I didn't find any correspondance where
> I mentioned that experiemental code I committed :(.
> Though I was very sure (until I didn't find any related mail) that I
> talked to Nick about this, either via personal mail or via a mailing
> list. Either my memories kid on me or I lost those mails.
>
> Nick do you remember any conversion with me about this and maybe still
> have the relevant mails?

I remember we discussed this but no details - I can't find the email(s).

Regards,
Nick