[Geany-devel] Question about using scintilla to create a simple debug plugin

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Apr 6 07:05:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 01:26:06 +0200, Lai Hoang Nam <laihoangnam at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a simple debug plugin for Geany and I want to work
> with
> the markers.

Additionally to what Lex said, your code is slightly wrong which
explains the crashes. Why it works on startup is probably just luck.
The idea of using markers is a good addition to the existing geanygdb
plugin.

> In fact, I tried to create a marker in the plugin_init and delete it in
the
> plugin_cleanup:
>
> #define SSM(m, w, l) scintilla_send_message(sci, m, w, l)
> void plugin_init(GeanyData *data) {
>     ScintillaObject* sci = document_get_current()->editor->sci;
>     SSM(SCI_MARKERDEFINE, 0, SC_MARK_CIRCLE);

must be:
SSM(sci, SCI_MARKERDEFINE, 0, SC_MARK_CIRCLE);

Note the first argument.

> void plugin_cleanup(void) {
>     SSM(SCI_MARKERDELETEHANDLE, markerHandle, 0);

same here:
SSM(sci, SCI_MARKERDELETEHANDLE, markerHandle, 0);