[Geany-devel] More intelligent 'remove trailing spaces' - Re: Strip trailing blank lines (patch included)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Sep 10 14:50:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 22:44:37 +0400
Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Hmm, I usually use the Up cursor key to jump to the previous line and
> >> then press Enter :).
> >>

> > Yes, but sometimes the cursor will be at the start of the line after
> > pressing up, so then the user also has to press End and then Enter.
> >
> > Anyway, I'm not that bothered about implementing it really, just that
> > it could be useful.
> >

> Pressing Up, End and Enter every time is so annoying... For example, to
> add a simple C/C++ code block (I prefer K&R style, opening brace on the
> same line) I have to press

Personally I have a snippet:
b={\n\t%cursor%\n%brace_close%

Which inserts a matching brace pair - braces at the same column, but
could be adapted to what you want.

But this is only a workaround - if you want to write a patch we might
accept it.

Regards,
Nick