[Geany-devel] Comment

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue May 26 17:59:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, 25 May 2009 15:45:12 +0200, giuliano wrote:

>Sorry to u...but i don't understand a thing relatives to comment.
>In geany there are 2 ways to comment a row/s.
>1) Simply select a row/s and press the Ctrl-E key;
>This is the result:
>
>for (k = 0; k < N; k+
>+)                                                  //~ for (k = 0; k
>< N; k++)
>       x_sol[nprocs * N + k] = vect_xs[k];    ------->          //~
>x_sol[nprocs * N + k] = vect_xs[k];
>stop_t = MPI_Wtime();
>//     stop_t = MPI_Wtime(); /* ferma il timer */
>
>2) Simply select a row/s, click with the right button of the mouse and
>select Format  ----> Comment row;
>This is the result:
>
>for (k = 0; k < N; k++)
>//for (k = 0; k < N; k++)
>       x_sol[nprocs * N + k] = vect_xs[k];    ------->          //
>x_sol[nprocs * N + k] = vect_xs[k];
>stop_t = MPI_Wtime();
>//stop_t = MPI_Wtime(); /* ferma il timer */
>
>Sorry but for me this 2 different ways of set the comments it's not
>correct. Or not????
>Bye...
>

>2009/5/22 Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>
>
>> On Thu, 21 May 2009 23:36:38 +0200
>> giuliano manzitti <giuliano.manzitti at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry....I've wrong....there is an error in the italian
>> > translation.
>>
>> Can you please give some more input here? Which string is wrong
>> translated in detail? And how would be a better transalation?

As Thomas said, the tilde is just a hint for Geany that this line was
commented by the toggle command, the compiler ignores it completely as
any other comments.

If you don't like it, for whatever reason, you can disable it by
changing the string in the preferences dialog, Editor tab and set it to
the empty string.