[Geany-devel] C/C++ Header filetype (Re: Committed Project Build Commands to build-system branch)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Nov 10 13:07:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:10:04 +1100
"Lex Trotman" <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently using C or C++ as the filetype for headers works for
> highlighting (except for C++ .h files which are taken to be C, so
> things such as template or namespace are not highlighted).

Maybe they could just be detected as C++.

> Then there is a piece of hard code which disables filetype commands
> for *.h* files.  This can become rather messy when new commands are
> saved by filetype since we can't save any for header files.

Not sure why that's a problem.

> I propose that header files become first class citizens and be given
> their own filetypes with specific highlighting and commands.
> Detection will be

Why is this necessary? I would prefer not to do this.

Regards,
Nick