[Geany-devel] Vala file type & co

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Nov 6 13:48:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 22:44:33 +0100
Colomban Wendling <ban-ubuntu at club-internet.fr> wrote:

> Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> >> The main leak is I've not written a custom tag list.
> >> What is not perfect:
> >>  * Interfaces are shown as "Structs/Typedefs";
> >>  * Properties are shown as Members (hack in code because properties
> >> are not shown at all);
> >>  * Signals are handled as simple functions. This is not really
> >> annoying, but it may be better to have separate tag list.
> >> And Exception types are shown as named enums, but this don't hurt
> >> me; should it?
> >>

> > It should be quite easy for us to make these changes for the symbol
> > list.
> >
> Cool :)

BTW I should have said updating the symbol list labels is easy, I'm not
planning on working on c.c for those things.

> But signals needs hacking in the tagmanager I've not done for now.
> They are handled as functions because their syntax is close to
> function declarations.
> For the properties, just uncomment line 2699 in c.c (of the updated
> patch joined) and remove the next two.
> > We sometimes make mistakes, and some bugs can only be found after
> > much testing. No one's perfect ;-) Probably it's less buggy than
> > using the
> > C# filetype for vala files (this was just a workaround).
> True for both… but reach perfection is the goal, no? :-P

Yes, but I meant that testing is part of the development process for
non-trivial software.

> I join a small update of the patch:
>  * removed commented code used for my tests
>  * added *.vapi to  the supported extensions

Thanks.

> PS:
> I see the last commit message and it remember me to ask: what is the
> indentation in c.c? 'Seems to be an heterogeneous mixing of
> Tabs&Spaces of 4&8 and tabs of 4… Needs review?

Well, all newly written code should be tabs only, but because this code
comes from CTags I think we allow spaces as well. Tabs should always be equivalent to 4 spaces though.

Regards,
Nick