[Geany-devel] Problems running geanylua

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jul 19 12:54:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:57:06 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:38:57 +0200
> Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey guys,
> > i'm running a late geany build from svn, exactly it is rev 2787.
> > Today i compiled some plugins for geany from the geany-plugins repo,
> > rev
> > 127. Now trying to start geany segfaults with the attached output.
>
> Just to check, did you install geanylua with 'make install'? (If
> there's a mismatch between geanylua.so and geanylua/libgeanylua.so,
> that will cause segfaults).
>
> I've tested geanylua with the example scripts, which seem to work
> for me OK.

The problem is the wscript which builds all source files of geanylua
into one geanylua.so. Sorry for this, it's my bad. When adding geanylua
to the Waf build system I just didn't remember it builds an extra
library.
I'll fix this tomorrow.

But I'm wondering if the default path of this support library is a good
choice:
/usr/local/share/geany/plugins/geanylua/libgeanylua.so

IMO this violates the FHS, binary files (.so) should not go into data
dir ($prefix/share). Instead, I think something like
$prefix/lib/geany/geanylua/libgeany.so would fit better or directly in
Geany's libdir, $prefix/lib/geany/ which would make
installation/uninstallation easier as not another directory has to been
added/removed.

What do you think?